Being a social media influencer is all the buzz online right now. But do you have what it takes to become a social media influencer? And do you know where to start?
Some users on social media post about their experiences with a brand and earn money for doing this. Typically, the people who earn the most from these posts are popular influencers who usually have a large audience on their social media platforms and are trusted by their fans and followers …and that could be you.
The best way to get started is to study the top influencers in your market and industry. Look on the Facebook Groups and find the high quality content and info that these influencers share. Then make notes about what they are doing to maintain their position at the top of their field.
Now, it might look easy and to a certain extent it is, however, you need to have your ducks lined up in a row and to make sure you know what to expect, as well as what will be expected of you.
Which begs the question …Do you have what it takes to be an influencer on social media?
Listed below are a few of the characteristics and the qualities that successful influencers tend to have. Just don’t get overwhelmed when you start and keep in mind that you are not expected to know everything before you begin your influencer ‘journey’. The best scenario is that you develop your influencer skills as you go along…
- Be patient: It does take lots of patience to build a large following that trusts, likes and engages with you. And this takes time, maybe up to a year before you begin to see this kind of growth in the way you grow your audience online.
- Stay determined: It takes determination to stick with it being an influencer, especially to begin with when you aren’t growing your followers as fast as you would like or making money. So you have to stick with it and continue publishing content and engaging with followers.
- Invest in time: Creating good content, connecting with other influencers, engaging with your followers and building relationships …all take time. So, to become a great social media influencer you do need to invest a good deal of time and energy …just as you would building and growing any other parts of your business.
- Create consistent content: And you will need to publish good content regularly on different social media channels, not only your preferred one. Which means Make sure you can keep up with posting regularly on your blog, other social media channels, sending out emails, and created short videos.
- Grow and monetise your social media channels: Just because you’re an influencer on social media doesn’t necessarily mean you will be paid for doing so. You have to grow your followers by helping solve their problems and engaging with them by being, authentic and trusted. To be a paid influencer you need to know how to monetise your status and your brand. That includes your own products and services, and working with brands through presentations, events and joint activities.
That way you will be putting in the hard work up front to become a social media influencer and start to reap the longer term rewards for your efforts in your business as others follow you and engage in your brand and product and service offers.